Role: Lead Designer
This is Neon Tigers first independent game effort. I managed pre-production directly. Our first action was to establish a vision document, business plan, and clearly defined business goals.
Next, Senior Designers and myself worked on the first draft of feature specifications. This quickly moved us through the prototype phase and we demoed the game to independant investors. We were able to secure investment needed to complete the project.
As Lead Designer I manged three other seasoned designers and provided feedback on features, tutorial, and user experience. I also personally designed combat mechanics, special abilities, items, tech, and characters.
- Established product vision and prioritized milestone features.
- Screened and hired artists, engineers, and designers.
- Successfully produced development milestones within project budget and timeline.
- Organized remote artists and engineers through a virtual office.
- Delegated key departmental responsibilities to experienced professionals.
- Designed characters, abilities, and major game features.
- Oversaw multiple iterations of combat mechanics.